Norton Equipment Corp. began in 1935 by Mr. Fred R. Norton in Detroit Michigan. The company's basis was machine tool rebuilding mainly for the automotive industry.  Mr. Norton became widely recognized for accomplishing high accuracy in his area of work, which eventually led to producing styling equipment, surface plates and other highly accurate pieces of measuring equipment.
As the time past the need for his product grew and therefore the necessity for a larger facility. Mr. Norton moved his operation south to the Blissfield  Michigan area in 1956 where the main offices and manufacturing facilities are still located. Mr. Norton passed away in 1973 and the business was sold to the Cantrell family shortly thereafter. Gene Perry whom was employed by Mr. Norton stayed on as Plant Manager during the ownership transition and continues at that capacity today.
The company has gone through many changes throughout the years such as additions, acquisition of new machinery and other areas of expansion. In 1996, the company purchased several acres of land in a new industrial park and erected a new facility with a 50 ton overhead crane, a huge CNC milling machine and several other pieces of equipment to accommodate the growing demands of our products.